Want To Lose Weight Fast? Follow This Diet Plan
Maintaining healthy weight is not so easy – these days, even people that lead a healthy lifestyle have some extra weight on them. Obese children are more and more common, and even infants are being born obese. In India, there are cities where more than 40% of the population is overweight or obese, and statistical data has shown that 50% of the world’s population is overweight or obese.
Obesity is quickly turning to one of the biggest health problems for mankind. Overweight and obese people are more prone to the risk of digestive problems, hypertension, cardiovascular problems, diabetes, ulcers and bigger health problems. Obesity is responsible for physical and mental stress as well.
Overweight and obese people usually eat much more food than they need. A third of the world’s population consumes 50% more food than they need, which is just enough to solve the shortage of food and water around the world.
How and why do we become overweight?
Losing weight is a difficult process, but gaining is really simple – all you need to do is to spend your days lying in the bed and sit in front of the TV and stuff yourself with food – we just described one day in the life of millions of people around the world. Here are the main factors for becoming overweight or obese:
No physical activity: the sedentary lifestyle we all lead is making us fatter by the minute! We rarely walk anymore and we even spend our free time in front of the PC or TV. This is the main cause for becoming overweight.
Unhealthy lifestyle: staying up late due to insomnia is having a negative effect on our overall health.
Poor diet: the usual western diet consists of too much fast, processed and sugary foods which are making us weigh more.
How can you tell if you’re overweight?
Most people aren’t even aware that they’re overweight. In order to find out if you are, you need to check your waist-to-hip ratio as well as your body fat percentage. For women, these numbers are 25% with a 2-3% tolerance. The popular BMI or lean body mass index should be avoided as it is confusing.
One of the best ways to be sure if you’re overweight is by checking your clothes. If they’re becoming tighter especially in the waist, you’ve probably gained a few pounds. If people are telling you that you’ve gained weight, you probably did. Finally, you can tell that you’ve become overweight if you’re still feeling hungry after meals.
Fast weight loss diet plan
Once you notice that you’re overweight, you need a quick and effective diet plan. Besides eating healthy, you also need to stick to the following tips:
- Start and end your day with a glass of lukewarm water in order to boost your metabolism;
- We suggest putting yourself on a liquid diet based on soups and milk – keep 25-30% of your meals liquid and the rest should be solid food;
- Try eating less than you need to. Eat smaller portions which should keep you going for about 3 hours;
- Walk 15 minutes 4 times a day, preferably before meals;
- Avoid consuming junk and processed foods;
- For snacks, you can get some lime juice, fruit, salad or smoothies;
- Avoid drinking too much coffee, soft drinks, tea or alcohol;
- Never eat after 8 PM – this is essential if you want to lose weight. If you’re hungry, you can have a cup of milk or a piece of fruit;
- Don’t drink water during and after meals – drinking water should be done before meals.
Stick to the aforementioned tips and follow a healthy diet plan and you will start losing weight soon!
Source : www.healthylifestyleadvice.com