Some Of The Preoperative Recommendations Of Rhinoplasty
A careful evaluation in the preoperative period (physical examination, photographs, rhinopharyngoscopy and facial tomography) will determine the ideal surgical plan for the treatment of each problem. Preoperative recommendations include:
- Obey the instructions given for the day of surgery.
- If flu, cold, runny nose, or any symptoms that affect the mouth, nose, or throat, notify the medical team up to two days before surgery.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages and copious meals the day before surgery.
- Appear on an absolute fast for at least 8 hours and do not bring any valuables to the hospital.
- Go to the surgery site with an escort.
- Take all exams, including the surgical risk one, with the authorization term for surgery and the declaration of receipt of the terms duly signed on the day of surgery.
- Avoid straining on the day of surgery, including long walks or climbing stairs.
- Remain to lie down with the head elevated to 30 degrees or sitting for the first 24 hours. Get up and move around at home, but avoid strenuous efforts.
- Avoid lying on your stomach or side for 30 days.
- It is recommended to make ice packs in plastic bags over the face every 5 minutes for the first 48 hours.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun to tan for 90 days. If it’s unavoidable, use sunscreen.
- Do not use glasses until their use is authorized.
- Obey the doctor’s prescription.
- Return to the office on the stipulated days and times.
- Avoid hot foods or foods that require excessive chewing for the first few days. Prefer warm soups, ice cream, juices, gelatin, and yogurt.
- Consult the information manual about your surgery as often as necessary. In it, you will find these and other essential guidelines for your recovery.
- Don’t worry about intermediate forms at different stages, as the nose is still swollen at first.
- Avoid being sensitive to the opinions of friends at an early stage.
Search for nose surgery after care (การ ดูแล หลัง ทํา จมูก which is the term in Thai)